For today’s Sunday Drawing we focused on patterns (I chose a floral print silk scarf) viewed through a glass filled with water. I started out with a blind contour drawing, and I focused on a smaller area for my second, more realistic drawing.
Highway 50 stretches from California to Maryland, bisecting the state of Colorado and running through my hometown. This drawing was made from photos I took during a trip home in June. The early morning light illuminated the desert forms that appear flattened later in the day
2018 AP Summer Institute Day 1 In today’s art-making session we were given a choice of four different prompts for this “pre-test.” I chose the following prompt: Create an abstract drawing using shapes and forms by using a combination of two color compliments in a radial balance design. I had the idea to use the yucca plant as inspiration for this piece. I liked the radial design of the yucca leaves and the similarity between the yucca and the rays of the sun. I wasn’t very successful at showing form, and it’s not what I would call abstract. It was more difficult than I anticipated to create the effect of light rays disrupting the horizontal stripes of the sky. Day 2 We were given 4 "tasks" to work on with a goal of having 3 complete artworks by the end of the workshop. The tasks were: Mixed Media Collage with Resist and Image Removal Forced Connections Hide-n-Seek Acetone Transfer Mixed Media Collage with Resist and Image Removal We used Elmer's Glue-All to create a resis...
Comments
Post a Comment